First Virtual Climate Symposium hosted by the Ban Ki-moon Centre & the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea to the International Organizations in Vienna
Join us for “Beyond COP26 – Moving Towards a Green Economy” hosted by the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea to the International Organizations in Vienna and the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens on November 30, 10 AM CET. We will showcase achievements and challenges on climate action in the Republic of Korea and the Republic of Austria.
The Virtual Climate Symposium will feature leaders and experts across sectors to discuss key outcomes of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) in Glasgow, Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), best practice examples and opportunities to increase efforts in transitioning to a greener and hydrogen-based economy in the Republic of Korea and Republic of Austria, and how to accelerate the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement.
- H.E. Shin Chae-hyun, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Korea to the United Nations in Vienna
- H.E. Ban Ki-moon, 8th United Nations Secretary-General and Co-chair of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (Video Statement)
- Dr. Heinz Fischer,11th Federal President of Austria and Co-chair of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
- Dr. Renate Christ, Former Director of the IPCC Secretariat
- Dr. Jonghee Han, Director of Institute of Hydrogen Energy of Korea Institute of Energy Technology
- Marie-Theres Thöni, Director for Renewable Energy and Electricity, Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation & Technology
- Katrin Harvey, COO of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
The panel will be moderated by Monika Froehler, CEO of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Virtual Climate Symposium on November 30, 2021!
Register for the Virtual Climate Symposium here.
Set your reminder for the Livestream here.
See the event invitation here.