In 2021, Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite 1,278 international students from 154 regions who wish to pursue a graduate level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea.
To be selected as a GKS grantee, an applicant must successfully pass the first round of selection managed by the Korean embassy where he or she holds citizenship.
Scholarship and duration
- Master’s program: three years, one year of which is devoted to a Korean language course
- Doctoral program: four years, one year of which is devoted to a Korean language course
Number of expected grantees:
- Republic of Austria: 1 person
- Republic of Slovenia: 1 person
For Austrian and Slovenian citizens, applications for the General Degree Program, Embassy Track must be sent to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Austria by post or hand delivered.
- Application Deadline: 19 March 2021
Kulturabteilung, Embassy of the Republic of Korea, Gregor-Mendel-Strasse 25, 1180 Vienna, Austria
* Please note that original documents cannot be returned, as indicated in the attached “Application Guidelines”
Application process schedule
– 19 March 2021: Deadline by which the application must have been received by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea
– 22 March – 1 April 2021: Examination of the application documents and interview*
* The applicants who take part in the interview will be personally informed by the Embassy
Please check the „2021 GKS-G Application Guidelines“, FAQ and attached files to learn more about the scholarship program and application: download here
Contact for further information
- General information on scholarship selection, including qualifications, documents to be submitted, and selection criteria: NIIED GKS team (email@example.com, +82-2-3668-1389, 1364)
- For inquiries regarding application submission: Cultural Affairs Office, Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* We do not accept phone inquiries.
* For inquiries regarding the selection of GKS scholarship students other than those recommended by the embassy (General Degree Program, Embassy Track), please see the contact of NIIED above.
More information: http://studykorea.go.kr/